Meet the Consultant
- MB Ch. B. (Medicine) 1990
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland (FRCSI) 1998
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) UniversityCollege Dublin 2006
- Intercollegiate Speciality Board in General Surgery FRCSI Breast (2010)
Research and Academia:
Areas of research interest include:
- Breast cancer molecular biology.
- Patients’ outcome and satisfaction following breast reconstruction.
- The use of modern breast reconstruction techniques following breast surgery.
- Surgical training through the National High Surgical Training Program in Ireland
- Fellowship in Aesthetic and Reconstructive Breast Surgery at The Royal Melbourne Hospital and The Royal Women’s Hospital in Melbourne Australia.2011
Areas of Practice:
- Management and treatment of symptomatic breast disease particularly breast cancer including patients who are at a high family risk.
- Particular interest in immediate and delayed breast reconstruction following breast cancer surgery through the use of different Reconstructive Breast Surgery techniques e.g. autologous flaps and implant based reconstruction.
- The inclusion of modern breast reconstructive techniques such as the use of acellular tissue matrix and reconstruction using free fat tissue transfer.
- Breast reconstruction following risk-reducing (prophylactic) mastectomy for high-risk patients.
- Breast Reduction Surgery.
- Breast Augmentation.
- General Surgical procedures such as Laparoscopic cholecystectomy.
- Laparoscopic and open hernia repair, Laparoscopic incisional hernia repair.
- Gastro-intenstinal and bowel surgery.
- Upper and lower Gastro-intestinal endoscopies.