Meet the Consultant
Dr Nazmy Elbeltagi MBBCh, MSc, MD/PhD, FRCR Biography / Profile •Dr Elbeltagi graduated from Medical School in 1994, he received his Masters degree in 1999 and PhD/MD in 2004 (Cairo). He received his FRCR in 2006 in the UK. During this period, he trained and received fellowships in various advanced radiotherapy techniques: Stereotactic Radiotherapy in The Royal Marsden Hospital UK, Prostate Brachytherapy in Mount Vernon Hospital UK and IMRT in Princess Margaret Hospital Canada.
He was appointed as a Consultant Radiation Oncologist in May 2013 and works at St James's and St. Luke's Hospitals. He sub-specialises in the radiotherapy treatment of breast and genitourinary cancers.
Dr Elbeltagi is an active member of many international radiation oncology societies. He has presented research at international conferences, he has numerous publications and is the first author in many peer reviewed Journals e.g., The Green Journal and the Clinical Oncology Journal.
- Nazmy M, Khafaga Y, Alhebshi A, Hassounah M, Albadawy S. Adult medulloblastoma: A single institution experience. Gulf J Oncolog. 2014 Jul;1(16):27-31. PMID: 25316389
- Nazmy MS, Khafaga Y. Clinical experience in pediatric neuroblastoma intensity modulated radiotherapy. J Egypt Natl Canc Inst. 2012 Dec;24(4):185-9. PMID: 23159289
- Khafaga Y, El Weshi A, Nazmy M, Hassounah M, Alshail E, Moussa E, Allam A, Alkofide A, Jamshed A, ELhusseiny G, Ezzat I, Jenkin D. Intracranial germ cell tumors: a single-institution experience. Ann Saudi Med. 2012 Jul-Aug;32(4):359-65 PMID:22705605
- MS Nazmy, Y Khafaga, A Mousa, E Khalil. Cone beam CT for organs motion evaluation in pediatric abdominal neuroblastoma Radiotherapy & Oncology Volume 102,( 3) , Pages 388-392, March 2012 PMID:22197353
- Zaghloul MS, Eldebawy E, Attalah E, Ahmed S, Nazmy M, Aboel Anin H. Supine Craniospinal Irradiation in Children: Patient position modification, dose uniformity and early adverse effects. Gulf J Oncolog. 2012 Jan;1(11):7-15. PMID: 22227539
- M S. Zaghloul, R Boutrus, H El-Hossieny, Y Abdel Kader, I El-Attar, M Nazmy. A prospective, randomized, placebo-controlled trial of zoledronic acid in bony metastatic bladder cancer Int J Clin Oncol 2010 Apr 1 PMID: 20354750
- Nazmy MS, Attalla EM and Refeat A. Effect of Magnetic Resonance Myelography on the Target Volume in Craniospinal Irradiation in Children. Clinical Oncology (2009) 21: 14-18 PMID: 19058953
- M S. Zaghloul, MM. El-Baradie, M Nazmy Time-trend in epidemiological and pathological features of bladder cancer from 1988 to 2004 at NCI-Cairo- Egypt Journal of the Egyptian Nat. Cancer Inst., Vol. 20, No. 2, June: 168-74, 2008 PMID: 20029473
- M Nazmy, A. Radwan, M. Mokhtar Palliative Spleen Irradiation: Can we standardize its technique? Journal of the Egyptian Nat. Cancer Inst., Vol. 20, No. 1, March: 31-35, 2008 PMID: 19847279
- Attalla EM, Lotayef MM, Khalil EM, EL-Hosiny HA and Nazmy MS. Overdose Problem Associated with Treatment Planning Software for High Energy Photons in Response of Panama's Accident Journal of the Egyptian Nat. Cancer Inst., Vol. 19, No. 1, March: 114-120, 2007 PMID: 19034341
- Nazmy MS. EL-Taher MM, Attalla EM, EL-Hosiny HA and Lotayef MM. Shielding for Scattered Radiation to the Testis During Pelvic Radiotherapy: Is it worthy? Journal of the Egyptian Nat. Cancer Inst., Vol. 19, No. 2, June: 127-132, 2007 PMID: 19034343
- Zaghloul MS, Nouh A, Nazmy M, et al. Long-term results of primary adenocarcinoma of the urinary bladder: A report on 192 patients. Urologic Oncology: Seminars and Original Investigations 24 (2006) 13–20. PMID•16414487
- European Society of Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology (ESTRO)
- European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer (EORTC)
- Association of UICC Fellows (AUF)
- International Association for Hospice and Palliative Care (IAHPC)
- Royal College of Radiologists (RCR) UK
- Paediatrics Radiation Oncology Society (PROS)
- International Society of Paediatric Oncology (SIOP)