GP Blood Testing
The hospital has decided to temporarily close the GP Phlebotomy service on Fridays, until further notice. It will operate as normal Monday - Thursday. We regret any inconvenience this may cause.
GP Appointment Notice
This service is located off the main concourse of the hospital on Route 2.
- The opening time for GP patients is 7.30am to 12.00 midday Monday - Thursday
- From 25th November 2013 this is an Appointment only Clinic
- Patients should bring a Referral letter/Request form which should be filled out legibly and completely to include GP name address and code number.
- Only GP Referral letters/Request forms will be accepted from patients in the following catchment areas
- Dublin 2, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 20 and 22
- Patients living in Lucan, Leixlip, Celbridge and Maynooth.
- Patients should be advised by their GP if they need to attend fasting.
- GP patients for Oral G.T.T i.e. (Oral Glucose Tolerance Test) should be fasting for 12 hours. This test takes two hours to complete.
- Patients for Fasting Bloods e.g. Blood Glucose should be fasting for 12 hours. Only water allowed.
- Patients for Fasting Cholesterol/Lipids should be fasting 12-14 hours. Only water allowed.
Please note there are no services on Public Holidays.