Infection prevention & control
Hygiene is a fundamental part of the hospital’s quality system to ensure the safety and well being of patients, staff and visitors and it plays an important role in the prevention and control of infection. Achieving and maintaining the highest hygiene standards is everyone’s responsibility.
- Please ask your visitors to wash their hands or use the alcohol gel, available at all ward entrances, to disinfect their hands each time they enter or leave the ward.
- Do this yourself also if you go into any other ward.
- Ask a member of staff to show you if you are unsure how to use it.
- Feel free to ask any medical staff you come into contact with if they have cleaned their hands.
- Pick up a hand hygiene leaflet available on all wards/departments. The Golden Rules for Visitors are displayed in all wards in the hospital
Infection Control information leaflets.
Preventing Infection & Ways you can help
FLU Patients Leaflet
Hand Hygiene Patient Leaflet
CJD & TSE