When I arrive
- You must check-in at the Reception desk of the appropriate clinic to register your attendance.
- Please ensure you have your appointment card and medical card or medical insurance information with you.
- When you have confirmed that a bed is available make your way to the Admissions Office located in the Concourse in the Main Hospital see map.
- Follow the signs to Junction 2 and park in the underground car park (please note that an hourly rate is payable in the car park). The lift or stairs will take you straight to the Concourse.
- There is a set down area immediately outside the concourse where you can be dropped off. No parking is permitted there.
- When you have booked in at the Admission Office you will be given directions to the ward.
- Once at the ward, please report to the Nurse’s Station, which is located in the centre of each ward.
- If you are having surgery on the same day as your admission it is very important that you arrive on time. Late arrival may result in your surgery and your admission being postponed.
Remember to follow any pre-admission instructions you may have been given by your doctor or nurse, such as fasting or medication.