GP Blood Testing
The GP blood testing clinic is located off the main concourse of the hospital. Take the corridor to the left, just past the staircase.
- This clinic is open from 7.30am to 12pm Monday - Friday (except public holidays).
- Patients should bring their referral letter/request form which should be filled out legibly and completely, to include GP name, address and code number.
- Patients should be advised by their GP if they need to attend fasting.
- GP patients for oral GTT (Oral glucose tolerance test) should be fasting for 12 hours. This test takes two hours to complete.
- Patients for fasting bloods e.g. blood glucose, should be fasting for 12 hours. Only water allowed.
- Patients for fasting cholesterol/lipids, should be fasting 12-14 hours. Only water allowed.
Please note there are no services on public holidays.