When you arrive for admission
When you have confirmed with our Admissions Office that a bed is available for your admission, make your way to the Bed Management Department where the Admissions Office is located. This is found in the concourse in the main hospital.
- If you are driving, follow the signs to Junction 2 and park in the underground car park (please note that an hourly rate is payable in the car park). The lift or stairs will take you straight up to the concourse.
- There is a set down area immediately outside the concourse where you can be dropped off. Parking is not permitted here.
- When you have booked in at the Admissions Office, you will be given directions to your ward.
- Once at the ward, please report to the Nurse’s Station which is located in the centre of each ward.
- If you are having surgery on the same day as your admission, it is very important that you arrive on time. Late arrival may result in your surgery and your admission being postponed.
Remember to follow any pre-admission instructions you may have been given by your doctor or nurse, such as fasting or medication advice.