What to bring for your admission to hospital
Here are some of the things you will need to bring with you when you are admitted to St James's Hospital:
- Medical card / private health insurance information / European health insurance card
- Bed attire (nightdress / pyjamas / dressing gown / suitable non-slip footwear)
- All medication/ inhalers/ tablets you are currently taking (you will be asked to send these home after they have been checked by your doctor)
- Hearing aids/ glasses/ dentures
- A limited amount of cash (if you wish to make small purchases during your stay)
- Contact numbers for two different contact persons who can be available 24 hours a day
- You are strongly advised to leave valuables at home.
The hospital is not responsible for any valuables, money or other articles that you choose to bring with you.
When you arrive